ARTICLE 1 : GENERALITIES
1.1. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
The ASBL SPA HISTORIC RACING TEAM is organizing the 1st FRANCORCHAMPS RALLYE FESTIVAL on 1-2 and 3 October 2021.
It is a historic display of timeless vintage cars on secured roads.
1.2. 1.2. ORGANIZER’ S DETAILS
ASBL SPA HISTORIC RACING TEAM
7/1 Rue du Centre, 4130 ESNEUX-HONY
Tel : +32 475 698993
Email : email@example.com
BCE 0456 763 892
1.3. EVENT ORGANIZERS
Head manager : George JANSSEN
Junior Team manager : Olivier LOFFET
1.4. 1.4. EVENT DESCRIPTION
This display is open to :
- A selection of historical rally cars , which are older than 25 years. ( Before 31/12/1995)
- A selection of historical rally cars , which have a particular historical interest.
This event is not a speed test, but a demonstration with the sole objective of nostalgia and the notion of pleasure, without taking unnecessary risks nor time limit; the goal is to ride on secured circuit. A maximum of two people will be allowed on board. A maximum of two people will be allowed on board.
The demonstration circuits will be closed to traffic by Prefectural Order and reserved exclusively for registered participants as well as for the organization’s vehicles.
The demonstration courses on closed roads will be linked by liaison courses on open roads and in compliance with the traffic regulations.
ARTICLE 2 : PARTICIPATION
2.1. 2.1. PRACTICAL INFORMATION
The FRANCORCHAMPS RALLYE FESTIVAL will take place on 1-2 and 3 October 2021 at the Karting du circuit de Francorchamps, Route du circuit 51, 4970 Stavelot.
2.2. 2.2. APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION
Registrations will be made via our request form. This request will be approved after the the verification of the vehicle
The registration will be closed on 23/09/2021
2.3. 2.3. PUBLISHING
The publication of the participants lis twill be posted on the 24st of Septamber, 2021 and will be availableon our website : https://francorchamps-rallye-festival.be
The general technical verification of the vechicles will take place on Friday, Octobre 1st, 2021.
ARTICLE 3 : AUTHORIZED VEHICLES – COMPLIANCE – EQUIPMENT
3.1. 3.1. AUTHORIZED VEHICLES
Only original or replica cars that have written the history of international rallies are eligible.
A Selection Committee will validate the registration of vehicles based on their interest and historical compliance based on the following three categories : He divides them into the following categories:
A/ SLOWLY SIDEWAYS:
- ORIGINALS : Original historic rally cars.
- SLO1 : replica of an original historic rally car, identical to the original one .
- SLO2 : replica of an original historic rally car , slightly identical to the original one
B/ OTHER HISTORICAL RALLY CARS:
- Other rally cars with a particular historical interest will be selected by the Selection Committee.
- The organizers reserve the right to refuse the start to any vehicle that does not correspond to the historical aspect and / or the event.
- Vehicles must be insured and comply with traffic regulations
- Organizers deny any responsibility in case of traffic violation.
- The maximum number of cars allowed at the race start is 120.
3.2. 3.2. ADMINISTRATIVE CHECK
This procedure will make it possible to ensure the correct identification of the vehicle and to be in line with the registration file.
After having done the administrative checking, all the drivers must be able to present:
- Their driver licence.
- The authorization of the owner of the car if the car does not belong to the driver.
- The documents linked to the registered vehicle: registration certificate, insurance certificate and valid technical control sticker.
- Pour For each member of the crew: a medical certificate of no contraindication to sport driving or a license issued by an ASN.
3.3. 3.3. TECHNICAL CHECK
Each vehicle must be presented for scrutineering according to the timetable which will be given to the drivers
3.3.1 SECURITY CHECK
The security team will perform a thorough check on the aeras below :
- Checking the tires which must be in good condition. Slick tires are forbidden.
- Checking the brake fluid level and the battery mounting.
- Verification of the headlights, lights and windscreen wipers which must be in compliance with the traffic regulation.
- Warning triangle and or any Recognition signal,
3.3.2 SECURITY EQUIPMENT
In addition to the section 3.3.1, organizers will also check the following
- Roll bar: A roll bar guaranteeing protection in the event of impact and overturning is required. The original vehicles originally equipped with a roll bar must at least meet the specificities of the era.
- Seats-Seat binding: The seat bindings must be solid and conform to standards. These bindings will be checked during technical inspections.
- Security belts: FIA 6 belts are recommended
- The security belt fasteners system must be adjusted to bucket seats.
- Seat belt fasteners must be bolted and not welded.
- The presence of a harness cutter is recommended.
- The neck and head restraint system (eg Hans®) is recommended.
- Fire extinguishers: The vehicle must be equipped with a fire extinguisher of at least 2 kg. It must be securely fixed and accessible to drivers and co-drivers. The date of the last check must not exceed 2 years. It must be securely fixed and accessible to drivers and co-drivers. The date of the last check must not exceed 2 years.
- Battery: The battery terminals must be protected against the risk of o short circuit by adequate covering of the poles.
- Helmet and balaclava: Driver and navigator must wear a helmet as well as a fireproof balaclava on all the showcase races.
- overalls: Driver and navigator must wear fireproof coveralls on all showcase races. The production date o of the suit may not be prior to 2005 and must be identifiable by the label on the back of the suit.
- Underwear: Flame retardant underwear is strongly recommended. PS o : Wearing synthetic underwear (regular underwear) under fire-resistant clothing no longer protects against fire and can cause serious burn marks.
- Footwear and socks: Flame retardant footwear and socks are highly recommended.
- Gloves: Wearing flame retardant gloves is strongly recommended.
Gloves: Wearing flame retardant gloves is strongly recommended.
It will focus on respecting the authenticity of the model presented. Following these checks, the organizer may refuse the departure of a vehicle considered to be non-compliant, or declare its immediate exclusion if it is deemed dangerous, and without any compensation being claimed. Only 60% of the registration will be returned, the remaining 40% is deemed due to the Club for administrative costs and special investments.
3.5 VEHICLES AUTHORIZED AT THE START RACE
The start will only be authorized for vehicles having passed the administrative and technical checks.
ARTICLE 4 : EVENT PLANNING
Two people, strapped in and helmets for the demonstration routes, will be allowed on board. Wearing a helmet is not permitted on connecting routes on roads open to traffic.
The departure interval cannot be less than 1 minute; it may be increased by the organization if there is a risk of catching up.
4.1 PROGRAM OF THE EVENT
This program is likely to undergo slight modifications or additions, the final program will be communicated before the event.
Friday 1 Obctober 2021
- Distribution of the Roadbook, Administrative Control, Technical Controls and reconnaissance of the route at the francorchamps campus from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Saturday 2 Obctober 2021
- For latecomers distribution of the Roadbook, Administrative Control, Technical Controls and recognition of the route at the francorchamps campus from 9:00 to 12:00.
- Service park starts, presentations of cars to the public
- Signatures of selected crews from 2:00 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- ZONE SHOW on the Circuit de Francorchamps in the evening (between 5:10 p.m. and 7:50 p.m.)
Sunday 3 Obctober 2021
- 4 SHOW ZONES, including 2 with “Show” loops of 8 to 10 kms, to be done twice in two loops = + – 70 kms SHOW ZONES
Sunday September 26, 2021
- Departure for Stavelot with a presentation of the crews
- 2 SHOW ZONES: a 1st SHOW ZONE of + – 10 km to be done twice, a 2nd of 12 km in line
- Around 2 p.m .: End of the Festival, meal “à la Liégeoise” and party in an old-fashioned marquee with Fanfare music, Belgian style atmosphere
Monday, September 27, 2021
Monday being a holiday, all participants will have full latitude to return to their homes, or to visit our Beautiful Region!
The parking lots (Cars and Trailers) must be vacated by 10 am at the latest.
The demonstration routes can only be recognized according to the schedule distributed to the participants; they will be subject to checks. The rules of the Highway Code must be respected.
On the demonstration courses, the maximum authorized speed must respect the Belgian highway code.
Reconnaissance is not compulsory but strongly recommended. They will be limited to 2 passages per demonstration sector. Any violation of these provisions will result in exclusion from the event.
ARTICLE 5 : PENALTIES
5.1. DEPARTURE REFUSED
Departure may be refused by the organizer in the event in case of:
- Car not meeting the criteria of the event
- Non-compliant car or insufficient safety
- Unjustified late presentation of more than 15 minutes at the start of the event or at each showcase race
Exclusion from the event may be demanded by the organizer in the event in case of:
- Dangerous driving, unfair, incorrect or unsportsmanlike maneuver
- Unfriendly behavior towards the organizers, officials, other participants, the public or the authorities
- Falsification of control documents
- Failure to respect the traffic lights, the director’s orders or the signals presented by the track marshals (yellow, red flags)
- Authorities offense report
ARTICLE 6 : EQUIPEMENTS
- Any chronometer will be prohibited on board vehicles (except original equipment)
- Participants must be strapped in and helmets during the demonstration routes
- Fire extinguisher and battery attached, harnesses or seat belts are mandatory
ARTICLE 7 : INSURANCES
The participant remains solely responsible for any material damage that may occur to their vehicle, which is not the responsibility of the organization. It is up to the participant to check with his insurer if he is covered for this type of event or to subscribe a specific “race insurance”. It is up to the participant to check with his insurer if he is covered for this type of event or to subscribe a specific “race insurance”.
It is recommended that each participant also subscribe an individual accident insurance. The organizers will take out a RC Participants insurance policy.
ARTICLE 8 : RULES – RULES OF CONDUCT
Because of their commitment, each participant accepts these rules and agrees to comply with the decisions of the organizers. All cases not provided for in these regulations will be decided by the organizers and will be final.
The organizers reserve the right to make any modification to these regulations or to the program of the event, as well as the possibility of partially or fully canceling them if circumstances oblige them to do so.
Any participant intentionally blocking the passage of other participants will be immediately excluded
ARTICLE 9 : CIRCULATION – ASSISTANCE
9.1. TROUBLESHOOTING – ASSISTANCE ON THE ROAD
In the event of a breakdown on the course, the participant will signal himself clearly by means of his warning triangle and / or his hazard warning lights if his vehicle presents a danger to other participants or road users.
The marshals will indicate the presence of a danger on the demonstration course using a waved or fixed yellow flag.
Any mechanical intervention will be the responsibility of the participant. The assistance and / or troubleshooting of the participant on the demonstration courses will only be possible in synchronization with the organization and the general coordinator.
In the event of immobilization on a Demonstration route, the organizer will take the vehicle out of the demonstration route. Furthermore, repairs and repatriation are the responsibility and the express and total charge of the participant.
Any participant who has left the course, whether for technical or personal reasons, is required to report it immediately to the organization.
9.2. ASSISTANCE PARK
9.2.1 OPENING AND CLOSING THE SERVICE PARK
The service park will open on Friday, October 1, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. It will close and must be vacated on Monday September 27, 2021 at 10.00.
9.2.2 BEHAVIOR IN THE SERVICE PARK
Only vehicles engaged in the event and assistance vehicles bearing the official “SERVICE” plate will have access to the service park.
The surface of the service park must not be damaged. It is forbidden to plant stakes, bolts or other perforating fasteners. The participant will be responsible for any damage caused. It is forbidden to plant stakes, bolts or other perforating fasteners. The participant will be responsible for any damage caused.
Belgian environmental directives are applicable, namely:
- Installation of a waterproof cover of at least 5 x 2 m to protect the ground.
- Positioning of a fire extinguisher of at least 5 kg in the immediate proximity.
- The assistance zone must not be subjected to ecological or other nuisances otherwise penalty or sanctions may be applicable.
- Solid and liquid waste generated must be disposed of by the crew in accordance with the regulations.
- Refueling is prohibited inside the service park
9.2.3 CATERING – PUBLIC RELATIONS OPERATIONS IN ASSISTANCE PARK
- Any public relations operation involving a catering service is subject to a written approval of the organizer; this must be requested at the latest on the closing date.
- The organizer reserves the right to request a contribution for the supply of electricity and the removal of garbage.
- The sale of catering products in the service park is prohibited.
ARTICLE 10 : INVOLVMENT
10.1. NUMBER OF INVOLVED PARTICIPANTS
The number of vehicles authorized for departure is set at 120
10.2. ELIGIBILITY OF THE VEHICLE
The participant will submit an eligibility request on the website of the event in the “2021 Edition” section in order to validate his car.